- Revenue up 7% at constant currency to £348.4m (up 17% at reported rates)
- Underlying profit before tax up 23% at constant currency to £15.4m (up 44% at reported rates)
- Exceptional and non-trading items of £16.3m, £10.2m of which related to the proposed merger, resulting in a statutory loss before tax of £0.9m
- Underlying EPS1 up 23% at constant currency to 2.7p per share (up 43% at actual rates)
- Core net debt in line with management expectations at constant currency; reported core net debt of £244m reflects adverse currency movement
- Interim dividend maintained at 0.95p per share adjusting for the bonus factor within the recent rights issue
1In accordance with IAS33 as the rights issue has been completed prior to this date the average number of shares used in the EPS calculation for both periods has been adjusted for the bonus factor.